The County Clerk & Recorder's Office handles various matters that include: deeds, mortgages, liens, etc., payroll and accounts payable, delinquent taxes, liquor licenses, firework permits, raffle licenses, assumed name applications, elections, marriage license, death certificates and genealogy.
LIST OF PRECINCT POLLING PLACES:
#1 – South Athens/Rural Athens Community Center/Park
#6 – Greenview Greenview Community Center
Please complete sections A & B at the top and bottom of the form and email to email@example.com
Your license is not official until you are sworn in and the license is signed by the Menard County Clerk.
Fee: $50.00 Cash or Check only
Please call the County Clerk's Office at 217-632-3201 to schedule an appointment to obtain your marriage license.
THE FEE FOR THE SEARCH AND A COPY FOR GENEALOGY PURPOSES OF BIRTH, DEATH OR MARRIAGE RECORDS IS $3.00 PER COPY. THE FEE FOR THE SEARCH AND A CERTIFIED COPY OF BIRTH, DEATH OR MARRIAGE RECORDS ISSUED AT THE SAME TIME IS $11.00 FOR THE FIRST COPY AND $8.00 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL COPY OF THE SAME DOCUMENT. FOR LARGE SEARCHES THERE IS AN_ADDITIONAL $10.00 CHARGE. OUR BIRTH/DEATH RECORDS DATE BACK TO 1877 AND MARRIAGE RECORDS DATE BACK TO 1839.
Photo ID is required to obtain a birth record (see bottom of page for acceptable ID).
Who may obtain a birth record:
· The record can be released to the person named on the record, if they are 18 years of age or over.
· The parent, if their name appears on the Birth Certificate as the mother or father.
· A Legal Guardian who possesses guardianship papers that are signed by a judge.
· A Legal Representative who is representing the person named on the Birth Certificate or is representing his/her parents.
· A court order.
Photo ID is required to obtain a death record (see bottom of page for acceptable ID).
Who may obtain a death record:
· Applicant must be immediate family (mother, father, brother, sister, spouse, child)
· Or applicant must be the informant listed on the death record.
· Applicant must have a personal or property right interest in the record.
(Applicant should be prepared to show documentation proving their need for the record and/or intended use and valid identification.)
Who may obtain a marriage record:
· A certified copy may be obtained by either the bride or the groom.
Liquor License Application *All Liquor Licenses must be approved by the Menard County Board of Commissioners prior to the event. The Board meets the 2nd and last Tuesday of each month.
$3.00 for each page.
Contact the County Clerk for the total owed on your property.
Contact this office and an employee will be available to assist you.
No. The County Clerk no longer issues hunting and fishing licenses. In Menard County, licenses are available at R&H Farm and Home Store in Petersburg and Village Market in Athens.
Certified copies are $11.00 for the first copy and $8.00 for each additional copy.